Monday 12 October 2009

Oh Lord, she's a second year!

Ok Second year! Let's go! I am determined to actually succeed in blogging regularly this year. AND getting all my stuff up too, so you can see what I'm up to! I have decided that last year was my practise run and this year I WILL make everything awsome, and if its not I'm going to redo it until it is :D Simplez! Ok so I have a couple of things I've been working on, I've really gotten into the character design side of things over the summer and have been playing about with drawing on Photoshop (although I am still VERY amateur; I am hoping this will change dramatically over the course of this year!). I also have a couple of sketchy type things just on paper I've done as well, and I've been doing some "proper" drawings of famous people, because I am becoming more drawn ('scuse the pun) towards faces and the varieties of expressions and characteristics and such that can be evident in just one face. So i thought I would practise some faces of people that were recognisable to see if I could capture the face well enough for people to know who it was.

Here are a couple of examples!







Ok please say you got that it was Bob Marley and Michael Jackson.......




Here is a photoshop cartoon type character designy sort of dude that I was working on on Sunday.


This took me a couple of hours to finish and its not amazing but I'm going to practise some more with Photoshop and try and do at least one character design every week! You read it here first!
Ok so the projects coming up this year. Well we have a character animation project coming up which I'm really looking forward to, I'm wanting to take a more traditional approach, possibly hand drawn on paper, or possibly Flash, I will see nearer the time which I'm feeling more. After saying last year that I was prefering 3D to 2D, I have completely switched around. Sure the 2D can be very time consuming, but I fully get into the zone and its actually quite relaxing!
Anyway, we also have an experimental animation project to do. to accompany a soundclip, and I really want to experiment either again with 2D, but in a slightly different way, possibly combining it with stop motion, but I am really into trying this pixelation malarky. I reckon that "Neighbours" is pretty sweet, so doing something like that would be pretty sweet! There's also a sketch book project to do for Kathy, which is going to be a bit of a challenge as we have to draw like strangers, which I have found a bit tricky so far, but I've done a couple from photographs, but it totally doesn't have the same impact, so I may have to just look like a creep and draw people in the pub or on a bus or something! But thats going to be awsome also!
But to kick it all off, here is a little walk cycle I did this afternoon to get back into the swing of things. And I'm actually rather proud of him. I've named him Alfred.
So that's it so far! I will keep you posted as I progress! Year 2; And so it begins!!!

No comments: